Monday, January 30, 2017

Mondays Can Be Testy. How About When Every Day Is Testy?

Happy Monday Friends. So, we woke up today to a world in turmoil. Keep people out, let them in. Six dead in a Mosque in Canada. An American soldier lost his life over the weekend during a raid on Somalian rebels. Stuff just gets heavier and heavier. Thankfully - many of us have the mechanisms to cope. Faith, family, friends and more keep us going - through thick and thin. But what about those people struggling with mental illness? Depression, bipolar, schizophrenia and on and on? For them, sadly there is not always a let up. 

I find that people who have extra sensitivity to animals, also posses extra sensitivity to humans - and their myriad conditions. A friend shared the clip below with me - and I thought I would pass it on to you. The power of animals and work and purpose can rescue a person struggling with mental illness. Animals and their care has changed the lives of inmates, the elderly and the handicapped. Below is a link to a video that has a lot to do with the mental health community. My affection for this video is not because people are either constantly asking if I'm crazy - or stating that I'm crazy  - but because it sheds hope on a segment of the population that is often marginalized. I would love to read your feedback. 

All the Best,
Simon





No comments:

Post a Comment

HI - Write your Write ON! entries here and I will paste it into the main page.