Wednesday, May 3, 2017



Have you Heard Of Red Nose Day? Me Neither!


So the other day I learnt about Red Nose Day. In 1985, Comic Relief launched in the United Kingdom with the goal of using comedy to raise money and help those leading really tough lives.
The very first Red Nose Day was held in May of 1988. With millions of people participating in its first year, it was clear that a truly amazing movement was underway. Red Nose Day has raised over $1 billion globally. 

Since 2015, Red Nose Day in America has raised over $60 million to help kids and young people most in need. So, I ordered a bunch of Red Noses from the Red Nose people with the intent of putting them in with orders during May. I thought it would be a nice way to help out worthy children's charities and give a little something to my customers. We've been putting little unadvertised gifts in orders for years.

Veterinarians are really a very charitable bunch anyway. They have to deal with fees all the time, and hard decisions of when, how much and if they should wave any of it. It's a hard call when a client can't afford the services to save their pet's life. I know it's part of owning a Veterinary practice. Some may argue that it's the owner's choice to own a pet, and an owner has to be prepared to pay for affiliated expenses. Well let's assume that all pet owners are aware of the financial responsibility - but then life - 'The Force' - 'The Creator' throws them a curve. Unemployment - illness, tornadoes, floods and earthquakes come knocking and all that fiscal pet responsibility goes out the window and down the river.And so, yes, Veterinarians are frequently called on to be charitable. 

But, I digress from Red Nose Day.

I took a look at the charities that benefit from Red Nose purchases and felt that many do a great job - and can really make a difference in a child's life. So - I bought a bunch of Red Noses from the foundation partner - and we're including them in orders placed during May. ( Legal disclaimer - 1)While supply lasts, 2) Assuming they can fit in the order.)

I'm hoping that some of you will snap a photo of the Red Nose in use and email it to me at simon@medcareproducts.com.

These are some of my thoughts - and I'm honored to share them with you. What are yours?

All the Best,
Simon 





No comments:

Post a Comment

HI - Write your Write ON! entries here and I will paste it into the main page.