Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I venture out from the safety of my desk and visit a real live Veterinary Practice. How do ya like that?
  
On January 9th. I was afforded the pleasure to visit Dr Busak at his Bartels Busak Pet Hospital and Spa. I recently attended a 10 week mini MBA course called 10,000 Small Businesses. The course was a refresher or for some like me, a first time look at the multitude of facets involved with running a small business. One of the instructors  mentioned a previous Cohort (that's what they called the 10 weeks sessions, Cohorts - unfortunately for me being in the Veterinary field - I always envisioned a co-snort, with a lot of animals snorting in unison. Even sadder was the time I imagined a group of drug users getting together for a co-snort. But I digress.) Dr Busak was in the first Cleveland Cohort for 10,000 Small Businesses. I called Dr Busak and he graciously opened the doors of his practice as well as his insights on Veterinary product sales to me.

  About the practice - amazing! State of the art. Veterinary medicine and the world famous Cleveland Clinic collide! Every inch and every nuance of the huge facility was thought out with precision and productivity in  mind. The kennel and boarding facility was simply amazing. Matt Busak had a few minutes to explain the computer/IT aspect of the practice - and Ann who is in charge of purchasing and perhaps practice management explained their product acquisition guidelines. Dr Busak is a very impressive person. It's easy to understand why he took the business course - I wish every Veterinarian could take the course. I've heard many customers over the years comment on how they are good medical practitioners and weak business people. Well, Veterinary medicine is also a small business and business principles must be applied to the clinic as well.

  It was very refreshing for me to spend time with Dr Busak and his 'people' - I certainly came out knowing much more than when I went in.

All the Best,
Simon


No comments:

Post a Comment

HI - Write your Write ON! entries here and I will paste it into the main page.